Sub-alpine Creek biotope

It’s been about a month so here is a review!

The nyos Viper is a dream no more sitting there after a water change playing with the ball valve. It’s quiet and best part is the shrimp don’t like the frequency of this pump so they no longer hang out in the pump chamber. And the wiper function on the intake is actually useful it clears duckweed and dead leaves even while it’s on!

I also found this clear eggcrate on amazon that locks into eachother and it is so much better then the netting from BRS and best part is this product is made with aquariums in mind so it fits snuggly 2x wide across my 50g breeder. The netting had no structure so it would get waterlogged and grow algae like crazy

IMG_4138.jpeg.40f59d976754618fb8b922309a8feeac.jpeg

Its sunny this morning so I managed to capture the 6 new WCMM added to the school. We are now at 14 total and I am hoping this will lead to more fry in the spring. Don’t mind the debris in the water this was 10 minutes after a WC.

IMG_4141.jpeg.90f834fbc13611b9d30807dff9c497a4.jpeg

IMG_4139.jpeg.c839e9b7f8f26e16611b85a9c0f5f7f1.jpeg

Also have this wort type thing growing on the log as well as the moss really starting to stretch out 

IMG_4143.jpeg.d0a38e5430d00978103fff05d60bd97e.jpeg

IMG_4144.jpeg.0ff13744ef236faa7a2c8e7fd7b7c5ca.jpeg

• Love 4

On 3/7/2024 at 11:37 AM, Biotope Biologist said:

Also have this wort type thing growing on the log

Have you ever had susswassertang?  Looks like the start of that (that’s kind of what suss is, after all).

All looking good!

On 3/7/2024 at 1:00 PM, Odd Duck said:

Have you ever had susswassertang?  Looks like the start of that (that’s kind of what suss is, after all).

All looking good!

You might be right it does look like that! I didn’t plant half the plants I have haha so it could really be anything. This duckweed spawned out of nowhere.

On 3/7/2024 at 3:39 PM, Biotope Biologist said:

You might be right it does look like that! I didn’t plant half the plants I have haha so it could really be anything. This duckweed spawned out of nowhere.

😆 Free plants!

Do you still have that maidenhair fern in there?  They go through a wort stage.  It could be another kind of fern from spores, too.

On 3/7/2024 at 2:32 PM, Odd Duck said:

😆 Free plants!

Do you still have that maidenhair fern in there?  They go through a wort stage.  It could be another kind of fern from spores, too.

I have the rootball of the fern it did die back after the move. I assumed from shock but it could be the wort stage seeing as the roots are still very much alive and growing 

• Love 1