Leo2o915

Nice Tiger King. I am not a expert and have never owned one but I did some research for you. What I have found is L333 needs a high protein diet and they only accept a vegetarian diet when they are young. Once they mature their dietary needs change. They will need meaty foods such as blood worms. I am sure there are other things as well. Maybe someone with experience will chime in. 

Edited by Garren B
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Garren B said:

Nice Tiger King. I am not a expert and have never owned one but I did some research for you. What I have found is L333 needs a high protein diet and they only accept a vegetarian diet when they are young. Once they mature their dietary needs change. They will need meaty foods such as blood worms. I am sure there are other things as well. Maybe someone with experience will chime in. 

Thanks bro

4 hours ago, Andy's Fish Den said:

I have a group of these that I am hoping to get to spawn this fall and winter, I feed mine a mix of frozen blood worms and brine shrimp, some pellets I get from ebo aquaristik that is high protein with fish and shrimp in, I will also throw in some thawed raw shrimp cut into chunks. 

Thanks 🙂

• Like 1

They are actually omnivores, and from what I have read and watched, my understanding is that they do well with a varied diet.  

Seriously Fish Keeping is the place I tend to go first for learning about a new fish.  Here is a link to their article on it: https://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/hypancistrus-sp-l333/

There are also a number of great videos on youtube that can be referenced.

I hope this helps! And good luck with your new fish. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ben_RF said:

They are actually omnivores, and from what I have read and watched, my understanding is that they do well with a varied diet.  

Seriously Fish Keeping is the place I tend to go first for learning about a new fish.  Here is a link to their article on it: https://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/hypancistrus-sp-l333/

There are also a number of great videos on youtube that can be referenced.

I hope this helps! And good luck with your new fish. 

For catfish in particular, I prefer planetcatfish.com. It has a lot more species and detailed descriptions than seriously fish. 

Also, o forgot to mention, but I also feed my l333s axolotl pellets. They work great, because they sink extremely fast and are made for more carnivore animals, unlike pleco wafers

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gcalberto said:

For catfish in particular, I prefer planetcatfish.com. It has a lot more species and detailed descriptions than seriously fish. 

Also, o forgot to mention, but I also feed my l333s axolotl pellets. They work great, because they sink extremely fast and are made for more carnivore animals, unlike pleco wafers

Yeah someone told me about planet catfish they recommend feeding carnivore pellets or shrimp pellets someone also said try shrimp cut into little pieces and put in at night