Parva or Lucens - identify my crypt

Patrick_G

On 1/18/2022 at 2:58 PM, laritheloud said:

Lucens. Parva is smaller!

I have some little Parva to the left. I thought I got lucky and found the biggest Parva ever! 😁 

On 1/18/2022 at 2:57 PM, Streetwise said:

That looks like lucens. These are both favorites of mine, but I think lucens is particularly hardy!

I think I’m going to be getting some more to replace some ugly Microsword that’s just attracting BBA. 

• Like 2

As I work on my tanks, I find that I do variations on a theme, rather than trying new stuff with each iteration.

I keep refining the plants and inhabitants that I choose for each remix. This has steered me towards certain plants that don’t require vertical trimming, and filters that are more about flow and biofilm than removal.

On 1/18/2022 at 3:16 PM, Streetwise said:

keep refining the plants and inhabitants that I choose for each remix. This has steered me towards certain plants that don’t require vertical trimming, and filters that are more about flow and biofilm than removal.

I’m moving that way in my 75 gal. Higher maintenance plants are slowly being replaced by crypts and epiphytes. 

• Like 2

I have started thinking more about some of the exotic swords that are out there and some of the ones with leaf shape and height variation for my next steps. Especially in my 45 g with me taking the plecos out I will be able to go sword crazy. Everywhere there was a cave is a planting opportunity. Crypts I am already crazy about if I see one I don't have and it's not high maintenance I am going to get it. 

• Like 2