how to remove bio film

BETTA999

I've never seen or heard of biofilm being pushed down into the tank - can you post a picture?

Biofilm is pretty easily broken up with surface agitation - so an airstone or trickle from a HOB filter will do the trick.

You can also take a paper towel and lay it over the surface of the water, and it'll pick up the oils on the surface.

• Like 1

Biofilm is natural and in my opinion healthy for a tank. The bacterial colonies consume excess nutrients until your tank seasons for several months Once it seasons and the beneficial bacteria given enough filter media etc to grow on ( I recommend 30 ppi sponge) they will outcompete biofilm and it will disappear. Alternatively if it is a long running tank consider adding filtration cutting back feeding and vacuum up excess. 
Being pushed down in your tank does not make sense to me of biofilm. Biofilm most often adheres to surfaces. Perhaps you could take a picture so folks could more accurately help you. 

• Like 1

On 1/8/2022 at 8:11 AM, bettta999 said:

i never had bio film in my tank until today it is ruining my tank because the filter pushes it down making the water look dirty any tips?

It would do that if it is allowed to get thick. The paper towel trick works. I would only worry insofar as the thick layer may not allow for air exchange at the surface. In a mature tank it tends to appear when overfeeding.