Is this a crack in my brand new aquarium?

mbwells

Yeah I'm with Levi here. Run your fingernail across it on both sides of the tank to see if its either silicone or indeed a crack. I would err on the side of caution tho if it was me. Luckily, it looks like you haven't added water yet so I would dump out that soil in a nice clean container and exchange that tank for another. 

• Like 1

On 1/3/2022 at 7:52 PM, Levi_Aquatics said:

The silicone might have been smeared a bit on the outside. Maybe try scraping it off but if it doesn’t come easily don’t damage your aquarium. I think if you feel it only on the outside it should be fine. I’d just keep a close eye on that spot. 

I think you’re right Levi_Aquatics. Here’s what the crack looks like after 20 minutes of elbow grease. Definitely it’s receding. I think based off this the aquarium should be safe to use!!

BE24B0B1-636E-42F8-9018-64AFA9DA0630.jpeg

On 1/3/2022 at 8:12 PM, Levi_Aquatics said:

I agree @mbwells I’m glad that there wasn’t an issue with your aquarium!

Levi_Aquatics you are an absolute godsend. I was about to have a breakdown, since I have live plants just waiting to get some water, fertilizer, and light. Have such a busy schedule, probably couldn’t get to the fish store before Friday. I can’t thank you enough for taking the time to help me out!!

On 1/3/2022 at 9:52 PM, Levi_Aquatics said:

The silicone might have been smeared a bit on the outside.

I got a 40B a while back and noticed what I thought was a crack, turned out be a fine line of silicone on the inside.

Took me about 20 minutes to calm down.😨   

• Thanks 1