The Start Of Madness

paarkrosis

@Jawjagrrlthat was my experience as well. We introduced DJ Turbo our hybrid alien giant male to his tank that already had amano and neo shrimps as well as snails and in a matter of hours all the neos were dead, 1 of 3 amanos and all the ramshorns. We plan to rehome him and I am hoping to house him with some other fish no shrimps or snails but I will have a tank ready for the other fish depending on what happens. 

I found Feo dead in his tank a little bit ago. Should’ve expected something like that to happen, because the rest of the bettas looked particularly bad last night at the petco but he looked the best health wise. I guess the stress was too much for him. 

• Sad 2

On 2/8/2022 at 8:33 PM, paarkrosis said:

I found Feo dead in his tank a little bit ago. Should’ve expected something like that to happen, because the rest of the bettas looked particularly bad last night at the petco but he looked the best health wise. I guess the stress was too much for him. 

I am so sorry, it's hard whether we just got them or had them for a while. 

At least you gave him a good home with more space than the cup for his last evening...

• Like 1

On 2/8/2022 at 1:16 PM, Beardedbillygoat1975 said:

@Jawjagrrlthat was my experience as well. We introduced DJ Turbo our hybrid alien giant male to his tank that already had amano and neo shrimps as well as snails and in a matter of hours all the neos were dead, 1 of 3 amanos and all the ramshorns. We plan to rehome him and I am hoping to house him with some other fish no shrimps or snails but I will have a tank ready for the other fish depending on what happens. 

I'm sorry to hear that - Steve McQ never bothered the nerites, though he does a times give them sideeye - and he even gets riled up and decides to chase his tankmates for a minute or two. I know he hunts scuds and I think it just sets him off. Ironic that the betta that was so aggressive (and that I lost on Christmas Eve) was probably the better community fish. Really hard to know even after observation of them prior to an introduction.

On 2/9/2022 at 2:25 AM, Torrey said:

I am so sorry, it's hard whether we just got them or had them for a while. 

At least you gave him a good home with more space than the cup for his last evening...

Yeah, I hoped he enjoyed being out of that cup even if it was brief. He had a 15gal all to himself and finally had swimming room in warm water. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/7/2022 at 7:08 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

Very sorry for your loss. Betta fish are a lot harder to keep than the industry admits- as charming and as beautiful as they are they break my heart so I can't keep them. I hope your others thrive for you. 

Yeah….it seems like they’re real healthy/hardy until they’re not. After they get sick, good luck in treating them. Putting him down comes just days after the unexpected loss of my super gold plakat, Auric, that I got back in February. I still have Calico and Karl with the newest addition of Eclipse ( black orchid betta ), though. 

S.I.P.

5D5C6D33-9107-47E9-A212-DF8A0E2D2754.jpeg.55102f824ab88641729013626a16805b.jpeg5B26E24F-1082-47AF-B39D-BA4DA54D7339.jpeg.8585afa78f62e770ad5588fe0d1a792b.jpeg

• Sad 1

I am so sorry @paarkrosis! I lost my Krishna and Kismet close together last year. Came home from 2 different hospital visits, and in the morning they were gone.

I had gotten Kismet right after my son died, so it was really hard to process her (Kismet's) loss. Then I watched Gianne's presentation for the Co-op Member's forum, and decided it was irresponsible for me to take on any more bettas as long as I am living somewhere with single digit humidity levels, their labyrinth organ deserves better. So no more breeding bettas, and no more as pets for me either.

Now, I sit with my dracaena and my philodendron, and remember the joy they brought me in life. I buried them in my plants.

May their memories be a Blessing for you, it's obvious you work very hard at providing them with the best life and the least suffering possible.