Hillstream Loach breeding

FriendlyLoach

Hi all,

I just got 3 hillstream loaches. I have a feeling that they will be breeding but I am wondering what you think I could feed the fry? Also I don't think I will be able to get them out of my tank for breeding, so any ideas of how to keep the eggs and fry safe from my honey gourami and neon tetras? 

Thank you!

8 hours ago, FriendlyLoach said:

Hi all,

I just got 3 hillstream loaches. I have a feeling that they will be breeding but I am wondering what you think I could feed the fry? Also I don't think I will be able to get them out of my tank for breeding, so any ideas of how to keep the eggs and fry safe from my honey gourami and neon tetras? 

Thank you!

They can certainly be a pain to catch and move from tank to tank. And in my experience it seems to noticeably stress them out more than your average midwater swimming fishies so i dont recommend that. Im not sure what you could do to protect the fry other then have a lot of mulm/plants/cover but really if you want to breed them my advice would be to set them up in their own separate tank To breed and raise up the fry. As far as feeding the fry its very easy they eat the same thing their parents do so if youve got auwfuchs, algae, veggies, sinking pellets etc available theyll be happy.