What happened to my fish?

Eve

Hi guys, thank you for helping me last time, I have a new mystery! I bought a beautiful loach and two Cory's but the next day they disappeared.  I know they are nocturnal so I've been looking in at all hours, I can not find them anywhere.  Ive even pulled out some rock and wood. How did this happen? 

How long has it been without a sighting? 

Does your tank have a lid ? Do you have a cat ?

How much cover is there in the tank they could be hiding but they would normally appear for food. 

I don't always see all my corys they do like to do their own thing especially when they are smaller.

On 11/16/2021 at 2:38 AM, Flumpweesel said:

How long has it been without a sighting? 

Does your tank have a lid ? Do you have a cat ?

How much cover is there in the tank they could be hiding but they would normally appear for food. 

I don't always see all my corys they do like to do their own thing especially when they are smaller.

Sorry for the lack of details.  Yes i have a lid, the other fish in the tank are guppies, and it's now almost a week. Oh and it is a planted tank but the plants are just starting to grow a bit.

On 11/16/2021 at 7:03 AM, Guppysnail said:

Do you have a prefilter sponge? If not check the filter. Fish can get in the darnedest small holes. Good luck. 

Thank you for the idea.  I have 2 spong filters and a shrimp filter. Ive looked around all of them and didn't see any..