Breeding Sterbai Corydoras

Shenandoah Aquatics

I have never bred the Sterbai.  Buuuuuuut, I have bred Albino's and Pepper's.  My Albino's spawn no matter what the conditions are, and the Pepper's almost always span on demand with a cool water change.  Both do like a bunch more food than normal (I use frozen brine shrimp and frozen blood worms).  I don't see why the Sterbai would be any different.

I have a group of the aquarium strain sterbai in with my orinoco dwarf pike cichlid pair. 77 degrees lots of plants feedings of varied dry foods, repashy, occasional blackworm feedings, and time worked to get eggs as of this morning.

20211120_093453.jpg.a74f1a16291b2ab3747ba9253ae96a59.jpg

I haven't done anything but feed well and give them time. I believe a cool water change could make spawning more predictable. That did set off panda corydoras for me in the past. Pandas, i believe, are also in lineage 9 so it may apply for sterbai as well.

20211026_121738.thumb.jpg.b122948063fc5b81330c6f9419cc5aa7.jpg

• Like 1

I have my breeding Sterbai’s in water of 82 degrees. An small water change that lowers the water 2-3 degrees along with natural rain(atmospheric pressure drops) is the fastest way to try to get them to breed. That is hard to do. The water change and a few degrees less is meant to mimic the rain. Feed good food I like to feed live bbs starting 3 days before the water change. I find the less I do the better it goes I have frogbit in there but never more than half the tank.

• Like 1

I have my breeding Sterbai’s in water of 82 degrees. An small water change that lowers the water 2-3 degrees along with natural rain(atmospheric pressure drops) is the fastest way to try to get them to breed. That is hard to do. The water change and a few degrees less is meant to mimic the rain. Feed good food I like to feed live bbs starting 3 days before the water change. I find the less I do the better it goes I have frogbit in there but never more than half the tank. They are on the medium difficulty to on the easier side. Are they still young or older?