Switching to a no filter question.

ND1990

I have a 17 gallon that’s been running for a months now. My Fluval is making a bunch of noise now and this maybe my chance to swap it to a no filter which I have wanted to do for a while now. 

Most of what I see is people using soil and doing a no filter and fertz. The tank is pretty heavily planted with Neo’s, 5 chili Rasboras, and Otto and 3 Honey gouramis. 

I use Aquarium co-op fertz, ammonia, Nitrite stay at zero and nitrates usually around about 5ppm or a little higher. 

If I continue my normal dosing and water changes I should be fine running a no filter with continued dosing right?

6FEDE256-EF27-4D00-B60B-A06984D8C6BB.jpeg

On 11/12/2021 at 2:47 PM, Wingman12r said:

If possible you may want to try and slow the filter output. Give the BB on the other surfaces a chance to build up a bit.

The tank is well established for 6 months or so now. The filter flow is already on the lowest It can before it stops. 

On 11/12/2021 at 2:41 PM, Streetwise said:

You certainly have enough plants to make it work!

It’s in need for a trim also, so I can plant a few more stems. I do have an nano air pump from the co-op also If there is any stress, but I’m not a fan of bubbles haha. 

• Like 1