Any UFC Fight fans

mynameisnobody

On 11/6/2021 at 8:29 PM, Manny said:

Hello everyone, 

Wondering if there are any UFC fans in the forum? I’m an avid MMA fan, though the UFC is the pinnacle. There are some tremendous fights tonight, wondering if anyone else is watching. 

I don't keep up with it, but I find Joe Rogan's discussions on it fascinating and I always end up watching clips.

• Like 1

@sudofish There still is a few different styles. There’s Brazilian jiu-jitsu, Muay Thai kickboxing, boxing, sambo, and wrestling. The reason there isn’t all those other styles from earlier days (I’ve watched since the 1st UFC PPV), is that those styles simply aren’t effective. The UFC was started by the Gracie’s to display the absolute powerhouse that BJJ is and they succeeded. Currently, the surge of talent is on par with the greatest fighters to have ever lived, omitting the boxing greats, Ali, Tyson, etc. 

I respect your opinion, but fighters today are not a carbon copy of each other. They train at what is effective. Sumo has no place in the octagon and no Gracie has ever fought a sumo practitioner. The one sumo fighter got his face broken by Keith Hackney who broke his hand on said face. 

@sudofish

The video posted is not UFC. 

I watch when free. The closest ties I have to it was Seth Petruzelli, the guy who beat Kimbo Slice.(I know it was not UCF) he is best know by the rest of his high school football team as not being a ing to count to two. Plays on two . We get it right we are in the playoffs from the one. Seth went on one. Even through he did make it big time I would not Challenge him he is a nice guy but would kick anyones bottom if they were a mma guy. 

• Like 1

@Brandon p  Hahahahahahaha Seth knocking out Kimbo was a gem to the MMA community. Without any training, Kimbo thought he would walk into a sanctioned fight with a trained fighter and win. Also, it must be mentioned, I believe Seth picked up that fight on a weeks notice, maybe even a couple of days. I liked Kimbo for what he did in a backyard, but not against professional fighters. RIP and respect to Kimbo as well. 

On 11/8/2021 at 11:39 AM, Manny said:

@Brandon p  Hahahahahahaha Seth knocking out Kimbo was a gem to the MMA community. Without any training, Kimbo thought he would walk into a sanctioned fight with a trained fighter and win. Also, it must be mentioned, I believe Seth picked up that fight on a weeks notice, maybe even a couple of days. I liked Kimbo for what he did in a backyard, but not against professional fighters. RIP and respect to Kimbo as well. 

He took the fight that day. Ken Shamrock was supposed to fight  kimbo  but was hurt. Seth had a fight earlier on the card  and moved him from the uncard fight he was supposed to fight in. If we knew he was fighting Kimbo we would have partied. His under card fight was even going to be n tv. We got a call a few hours before telling us he was going to fight Kimbo. I’m not sure about all the stuff he said and them paying him to stay up, I think that was a Dana White thing because they were in talks. He was also on the very first season of Ultimate fighter in Vegas. 

• Like 1

On 11/6/2021 at 8:29 PM, Manny said:

Hello everyone, 

Wondering if there are any UFC fans in the forum? I’m an avid MMA fan, though the UFC is the pinnacle. There are some tremendous fights tonight, wondering if anyone else is watching. 

I'm an avid fan. First UFC I ever watched was UFC 67, where Frankie Edgar made his debut. It's tough seeing him now.

• Like 1