AquaClear Sponge Dimensions

WaFfLe

i have scoured the internet to try and find the dimensions of the Aquaclear pre cut sponge filters. short from going to the store and getting evil looks while i open every veriety of box and whip out a tape measure...... could we put together a complete list of replacement sponge filter dimensions?

i know the sponges are sold in various sizes and marketed for the filter it was originally intended for... but i am looking to "hotrod" a filter and this information would be super useful!

Aquaclear has 20, 30, 50, 70, 110 versions.

thanks!

I buy aquaneat matten sponge filter cut to fit. That doesn’t help with dimensions but once you have the sheet you can cut to whatever you need. The 30 ppi is the closest to porousity. And the thickness is near identical.  I’ll see if I have some somewhere to measure unfortunately I just stuffed all mine into canisters. I like to use a layer of coop coarse then aquaneat 20-30-40. (I can’t link amazon but here is a picture 

A3884FBA-F7F1-40E0-8320-001B62E92466.jpeg

• Like 1

@GuppysnailThis is exactly the stuff I use, too.  I measure whatever filter I’m trying to fill,  cut slightly oversized, and cut blocks that I stack as needed in the space I want to fill.  For very small/nano filters, I have some 1” thick foam that I also got from Amazon and I use it as needed if it’s a really small space to fill.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2021 at 11:00 AM, WaFfLe said:

So I ended up going to the store with a tape and measured all they had😅

3-1/2x3-1/2x9-3/4

3-1/2x2x5-1/2

2-1/4x1-1/2x4-1/2

3-3/4x1-1/2x2-1/4

Thanks for doing these measurements.  Is this in inches or centimeters?  I ask because this is an international forum.  I’m sure anybody can do the conversion but if they’re not fully familiar with the filters in question (maybe contemplating purchase) they will need to what your units are to do the conversion.

On 10/25/2021 at 3:12 PM, Odd Duck said:

Thanks for doing these measurements.  Is this in inches or centimeters?

Inches, I’m honestly surprised nobody has measured these before, they’ve been on the market for decades now🤣