Glass Lid fit??

siniardem

Hello everyone! I have an Aqueon 45 gallon tank. I am attaching a picture of it. It came with a kit light and hood but I upgraded to a Fluval 3.0 plant light. Now my iron and calcium right water is leaving behind residue on the light so I need a glass lid to fit! I've tried several but I don't think I am getting the right fit. What do you all suggest? Thanks! 

Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 8.56.52 AM.png

I second @DebSillsquestion. I don't know if it's helpful, but our Aqueon lid had that plastic strip that came with it which is just a little funny in general. Our lid fits well enough that condensation gathers on the lid (meaning it holds in enough moisture, right?) and our snails don't escape (nerites, amiright? 😆). 

I'm unclear as to what right fit you are expecting.  The lids are not expected to fit perfectly.  They are supposed to move to allow for variations in the plastic rim.  A bad fit is a lid that binds up, or is short enough to fall into the tank under normal use.  The plastic filler strip can be trimmed if needed.  If your primary concern is just to protect the light, than you might try pricing a single piece of glass from the local glass shop.