What is this little fella

Helan

On 10/5/2021 at 5:10 PM, Guppysnail said:

No lid or forgetting to close the lid 🤦‍♀️Results in walk abouts leaving snail trails like these. 

1551920F-61A9-419C-85EF-BCD0DC96FFD2.png

So far my snail singular has not walked out, they would fry out after a while correct?

@Torrey it just so happens that one of my spiked friends was on the cucumber slice this morning. All three are this size. 

Resized_20211005_090429.jpg

On 10/4/2021 at 10:57 PM, Odd Duck said:

My horned nerites are the only ones I’ve ever seen on a plant and that only a few times.  Usually they’re on wood, sometimes on glass or substrate.  Limpet nerites (AKA marble limpets) really like the glass and will even work the glass down to about their body width below the substrate.  Other nerites (zebras, red racers, yellow racers, olives) mostly work the wood and some on the glass or substrate.

That's interesting for sure. My Olive nerite I've seen on the plants plenty. The Zebras are definitely surface workers and if I think hard enough about it I've never seen mine on the plants. Maybe that's why my angry man tank is so clean- it's the one that has the 3 Spiked Nerites. 

• Like 2

On 10/5/2021 at 11:08 AM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

That's interesting for sure. My Olive nerite I've seen on the plants plenty.

Interesting!  I only have one olive, but I only see him on hard stuff or occasionally on substrate (or another nerite in his tank).  🙄  No bedazzling has so far appeared from his piggyback rides.  😆 

• Haha 2

On 10/5/2021 at 3:04 AM, Helan said:

Wait I need a lid?, I better quickly get one !

Watson has not shown an interest in escaping... yet. He does like to hang out above the water line, regularly. 

Houdini went on walkabout, and the dog found Houdini before I did. Luckily, the dog alerted instead of trying to pick the snail up, and there was a happy ending: Houdini had no damage to his shell, and I learned an important lesson. 

• Like 1

On 10/5/2021 at 10:08 AM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

@Torrey it just so happens that one of my spiked friends was on the cucumber slice this morning. All three are this size. 

Resized_20211005_090429.jpg

That's interesting for sure. My Olive nerite I've seen on the plants plenty. The Zebras are definitely surface workers and if I think hard enough about it I've never seen mine on the plants. Maybe that's why my angry man tank is so clean- it's the one that has the 3 Spiked Nerites. 

Here's what I was told by the bequeathing momma is an olive nerite, who she had for 10 years.20211007_090540.jpg.29b96798b202977c95ef7fb5e9f5a37a.jpg

He's not fully awake, he's in a food coma. . . Again.

He ate all the hair algae off of the silicone anemone, and then promptly went to sleep. I think as he gets older, he's not holding onto the glass as well when he sleeps, and this is how he ended up on his back in the other tank.

Molluscenility maybe?🤷‍♂️