Glass surfing Pearl Gourami

Averus

I have a female Pearl Gourami that I recently moved from quarantine to my main tank last week.  She was doing fine, but recently has started to glass surf on one side of the tank.  She doesn't do this all day as she does sometimes break off to swim around the plants and she loves to eat during feeding times.

This is a 55 gallon tank that is heavily planted, including a lot of frogbit.  The side she has been doing this is the side with my HoB filter, which doesn't have the floaters.  I have lots of wood and rocks all over to provide places to explore too.

I checked my water parameters, and nothing was wrong there.  The tank at the moment is not heavily stocked either.  All my other fish are doing fine right now too.  Some of my Black Neon Tetras even decided to come over and see what the commotion was, but got bored quick and swam away.

Is there anything wrong with my Gourami?  She never displayed this behavior in the hospital tank, and was one of the most docile, tame fish I have ever seen.

Edited by Averus
removed m from at, was redundant.

Maybe it likes being in the current from the HOB and not having plants above.  I agree with @Colu that it just may need some time to adjust.  As long as it is eating good and showing no external signs of an illness.  I would just keep a eye on her and see how it goes.   You could also unplug the HOB for 30 min or so just to see what she does.

• Like 1