Nature finds a way . . . .

tolstoy21

TO MOCK ME!!!!

I have tried and failed three times to spawn Super Blue Inpaichthys Kerri Tetras.

Today, I'm looking in at a recent apisto spawn and what do I see in with the apisto fry?

IMG_7541.jpg.e80ced7e4ce50b9ac0832aa3153ce5b7.jpg

WHAT THE?!?!    HOW THE?!?!?  IS THIS FOR REAL?!?!?

Mommy apisto (seen giving me the stink-eye in the top right) must just think it's her ugly ducking child because she's not gobbling it up.

Apparently, apistos are great parents. They can successful spawn and raise tetras, where I cannot.

I'm guessing this little guy hitched a ride in on a plant taken from one of my 'failed, but apparently not-so-failed' prior attempts.

I started attempt #4 yesterday so maybe I'm doing something right kind of and will get it right this time?

Either that or I just dump the contents of the tetra spawning container into the apisto tank and let her do all the hard work!

Edited by tolstoy21
  • Like 5
  • Haha 7

On 9/20/2021 at 8:25 AM, ARMYVET said:

Just wait till the parents show up to take that fry away because they didnt sign away their rights🤣

I'll probably move into the tank with the parents when it gains some more size. I have a betta in there that might find it a tasty snack at this moment in time.

The tank it's in now has a ton of java fern with lots of roots, and a bunch of leaf litter. So it has ample hiding space. Probably how it got this far and grew big enough for the adult female apisto to ignore it.