Clarifying question on "How to treat sick aquarium"

HisMineandOurs

I have two questions. I have read the article, "HOW TO TREAT SICK AQUARIUM FISHE, (EVEN IF YOU'RE NOT SURE WHAT'S WRONG". 1) Am I understanding it correctly to say, that I only dose three medications at the same time, one time, and let it sit the week? Not every day, or every other day, as per the instructions on the container? 2) Can I drain my 55 gallon with, 8 dwarf rainbow, 1 betta, 2 siamese algae eaters, 1 hillstream loach, 6 albino corys, 10 mollys with ?fry, planted, to 30 gallon (to use less medication). 

plant tank 9-2021.jpg

On 9/18/2021 at 10:13 AM, HisMineandOurs said:

I have two questions. I have read the article, "HOW TO TREAT SICK AQUARIUM FISHE, (EVEN IF YOU'RE NOT SURE WHAT'S WRONG". 1) Am I understanding it correctly to say, that I only dose three medications at the same time, one time, and let it sit the week? Not every day, or every other day, as per the instructions on the container? 2) Can I drain my 55 gallon with, 8 dwarf rainbow, 1 betta, 2 siamese algae eaters, 1 hillstream loach, 6 albino corys, 10 mollys with ?fry, planted, to 30 gallon (to use less medication). 

You absolutely can move your fish into a smaller tank for ease of medication. My quarantine tank is marked off for 10 gallons just for that very reason. 🙂

The med trio are often used as a "shot gun" prophylactic to treat newly acquired fish. Do a single treatment of all three and let the fish "marinade" in it for a week. May I ask what sort of symptoms are you treating for? 

Sounds like a parasite or possible wasting disease.  The white mold sounds like fungus.

Given you may have narrowed it down a bit, I would go further than just the preventative dose that marinates for a week. I think Paracleanse (or General Cure) could (keyword:could) address the skinniness/parasites. Follow the instructions on the box, which go further than a preventative dose.

And for fungus, Ich-X may have a minor effect. With that being said, I much prefer API fungus cure, if it is indeed a fungus. You can try Ich-X first if you have it.

If the skinniness doesn't get better (monitor if they are eating, or trying to eat and spitting out), then you may need a different anti-worm med, such as Levamisole or Flubendazole.