Neat Guppy Mix Videos

PineSong

I enjoy watching "end of summer tubbing let's see how the mutt guppies turned out" videos, so the kindly YouTube algorithm brought me these. Not sure if these have been posted before but I found them fun--a channel with several videos showing the results of mixing particular strains of guppies and Endlers. They show the parent fish and what the F1s look like as adults. A bit different than true mutts because they know exactly what went into them. Super interesting results.

• Like 5

On 9/15/2021 at 8:24 PM, Guppysnail said:

It’s hard to believe they are not pursuing the beautiful peach ones. They are adorable 

They are! I have wondered why there aren't more pastel colored guppies--perhaps pastel colors are less stable? I remember some called "Peaches and Cream" that I saw an online seller had listed,  and I've seen "Half Black Pastels" on Aquabid, but I never see pink, peach, or solid pale colors in real life.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2021 at 9:20 PM, PineSong said:

They are! I have wondered why there aren't more pastel colored guppies--perhaps pastel colors are less stable? I remember some called "Peaches and Cream" that I saw an online seller had listed,  and I've seen "Half Black Pastels" on Aquabid, but I never see pink, peach, or solid pale colors in real life.

I know. I looked and looked for pink and light purple.  

On 9/17/2021 at 6:20 PM, PineSong said:

I love my pastel blue/golds. 

• Like 2

On 9/17/2021 at 10:02 PM, Patrick_G said:

I’ll try, but they’re fast and my phone camera “enhances” the blue. 9853AADF-92A3-4479-B777-1DF9FF8BF4E0.jpeg.d09aa9f41d369ec65dc071d5e214f036.jpeg

Those guys are super cute! I love the varieties of guppies that have simple tail shapes--I think of them as being the sports cars of the guppy world. Have you mixed them with any other kind of guppy to see what you get?

On 9/17/2021 at 7:06 PM, PineSong said:

Those guys are super cute! I love the varieties of guppies that have simple tail shapes--I think of them as being the sports cars of the guppy world. Have you mixed them with any other kind of guppy to see what you get?

I’m partial to the short lyre tail look. I guess they’re K class right? 
For now these are going to stay pure. I got lucky finding them on our aquarium club’s buy and trade page right after @CalmedByFish recommended them on the forum. 

• Like 1

On 9/17/2021 at 9:16 PM, Patrick_G said:

I’m partial to the short lyre tail look. I guess they’re K class right? 

I can't quite tell if you're asking, but yeah. The Japan blue endlers are K class, meaning an endler/guppy hybrid. 

Straight from Venezuela, with papers to prove it, are N class. (I remember it as Ve-N-ezuela.) I think their direct offspring are also N.

P is for Probably N. I think that also includes when different N classes breed with each other. 

Quote me on none of that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/17/2021 at 10:46 PM, CalmedByFish said:

I can't quite tell if you're asking, but yeah. The Japan blue endlers are K class, meaning an endler/guppy hybrid. 

Straight from Venezuela, with papers to prove it, are N class. (I remember it as Ve-N-ezuela.) I think their direct offspring are also N.

P is for Probably N. I think that also includes when different N classes breed with each other. 

Quote me on none of that.

WOW ...K class...N class P class......all I was ever told was I had no class🤪

• Haha 2