Tank suggestions/Breeding Combos

BriannesFishFam

Hey all, I made a more specific post a few months back of suggestions for breeding combos with specific fish.

I want to maximize profit for my tanks, I have mainly 10 gallons and 20 highs. I keep.

guppies 

Cories

Mollies

Ricefish

Shell dwellers

Limias

Goodeids

And things of that sort. 

I want to have all my tank just as aquarium co-op's breeding for profit article says (10-20 gallon, guppies, cherry shrimp, and java moss) The article also mentions apistos with java moss. I am looking for some suggestions of other breeding combos for a 10 gallon or 20 gallon. Fish that can live together and breed peacefully, good plants and potentially shrimp for that tank too.

Let me know any ideas/

On 9/6/2021 at 8:00 PM, BriannesFishFam said:

Hey all, I made a more specific post a few months back of suggestions for breeding combos with specific fish.

I want to maximize profit for my tanks, I have mainly 10 gallons and 20 highs. I keep.

guppies 

Cories

Mollies

Ricefish

Shell dwellers

Limias

Goodeids

And things of that sort. 

I want to have all my tank just as aquarium co-op's breeding for profit article says (10-20 gallon, guppies, cherry shrimp, and java moss) The article also mentions apistos with java moss. I am looking for some suggestions of other breeding combos for a 10 gallon or 20 gallon. Fish that can live together and breed peacefully, good plants and potentially shrimp for that tank too.

Let me know any ideas/

Love this!

I’d suggest trying a cool water U. S. Natives tank. What about…

(1) Rainbow Shiners

(2) Valisneria Americana

(3) … I’m still figuring this last one out myself … trying Darters, maybe

• Like 1

On 9/6/2021 at 8:16 PM, GameCzar said:

Not falling for this trap again, I don't want the overstocking police to scold me again!   I'll talk some ideas next time you stream.   

🙄

If you're keeping up with the water changes and organics the best thing to do is mix a bottom dweller with a midtank/top level dweller. You'll have less issues with fry or egg predation. Live Bearer + Cories is a solid setup. If you can pull the offspring quick and raise them in another tank BN Pleco's + Live Bearer + Ramshorns is a solid go to, throw some dwarf sag and floaters you'll get 5 things producing non stop.

On 9/7/2021 at 5:39 PM, BriannesFishFam said:

Would that be good in a 20 or 30 gallon? How can I breed those?

You could keep over 20 of CPD in a 20 gallon, even more. They are tiny fish. They are egg scatters so you would need to provide a spawning surface which you could pick the eggs from or leave them with parents to hatch and grow up (this will decrease the number of surviving fry). They are relatively easy to breed otherwise 

Killifish are eggs scatters as well, similar requirements as the CPDS. The amount of fish that can be kept together varies depending on the species. You could keep more than a dozen rocket killifish in that size tank. 

I recommend doing more research about the species before deciding to breed them. 

On 9/7/2021 at 12:42 PM, Nik_n said:

You could keep over 20 of CPD in a 20 gallon, even more. They are tiny fish. They are egg scatters so you would need to provide a spawning surface which you could pick the eggs from or leave them with parents to hatch and grow up (this will decrease the number of surviving fry). They are relatively easy to breed otherwise 

Killifish are eggs scatters as well, similar requirements as the CPDS. The amount of fish that can be kept together varies depending on the species. You could keep more than a dozen rocket killifish in that size tank. 

I recommend doing more research about the species before deciding to breed them. 

Ok, I'll do soem digging around. Do you breed CPDs at all?

I just set up a small planted tank (no filter no heater) using garden soil as the nutrient layer. It is a small experiment. I will either add red cherry shrimp of CPD and they to breed both.  I'm planning to breed then and did loads of research but I don't have any experience.  From what I found out they are easy to breed.