Small Sacrifices…

mynameisnobody

Hello all,

Along this aquarium journey, I have gone through joy, pain, laughter, friendships, stress inducing, yet ultimately stress relieving experiences. I’ve built a fish room, only to tear it down and sell most of it off due to moving across the country. After settling in a bit, an aquarium was a first priority, to be followed by the slow building of an eventual fish room. This came to a halt when my wife finally got pregnant. We were so stoked, however money isn’t flowing through here like the Mississippi River. Projects had to be postponed, second jobs were found, all in the name of the family. As I sit here and stare at my 1 and only aquarium, I began to ponder via perspective. There are things in my life I am ultimately grateful for. My wife, Kaius my son, and soon to be born daughter, Kaliope. We live in a decent apartment and soon to be built beautiful home. I love this hobby because even with 1 aquarium, I still can stare into it in an almost meditative state. Thank goodness for this hobby and for all of you. Today I am grateful I can post this here in good health. Can anyone relate to this? Thank you kindly to anyone that shares. 😎

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations on your family.  Yes I can relate. Over the past 10 years health issues to the point of immobility and bedridden for 3 years caused my absence from the hobby on and off. When I was able to set a 10 gallon back up it was the most glorious tank in the world to me. I was so grateful for it I sat and cried while staring at it the first day. From that day forward my life progressed for the better and the depression began to lift. Gratitude is key to most things in my life. I still have that 10 gallon and for what it did for me it will always remain and always be my favorite.  

• Like 3

I completely understand, and admire you for putting your family's well-being ahead of your hobby.  Take it from someone who's been there, before you know it those children will be grown and out of the house and you'll have plenty of time for your aquariums (and money probably won't be so tight by that time).

Edited by JettsPapa
  • Like 3

Congrats on the upcoming addition to your family, new home, and a way to kinda meditate. We all need our own space even if it’s only for a moment.

I can relate very much recently had my 3 grandkids come live with us and I stay home and care for them. Maintenance and projects in the AM. Small breaks from wife and nap time I come on here to learn and share. After bedtime I can actually zone out some nights it’s a couple minutes others I stay up late to watch fish. 

• Like 3