My water

Justchillin1060

So I have well water and my water is lower ph (6.2-6.4) and have soft water and low kh. What fish would be a good fit for my water parameters. My son picked out platty fish and they have all died. My angels are doing great. Need some advice on fish that will fit my water parameters as I don't have ro system yet. All advice is appreciated 

Your current water eliminates most livebearers without supplements or conditioners. I don't think you will need an RO system as your water is already what most of us with hard water are trying to achieve with an RO system.

It makes sense that your angels are doing fine, most South American cichlid species thrive in this kind of water.  

If this were my water I would be looking into as mentioned South American Cichlids, and a large number of tetra and barb species.  Your limits are pretty endless as you can always buffer your water with crushed corals or other conditioners to raise the PH to match an given fishes needs.

• Like 1

Definitely do not need R/O.  Add crushed coral to all of the tanks you want to raise parameters and have fun keeping alomost anything you could ever want.  So much easier raising parameters than making them go down.  I too use my well witch give me liquid rock.  Very high ph and very hard. So livebearers it is for me lol.