How's your water stack up?

ArchwayAquatics

After reading comments about liquid rock/concrete water from some members - something I have as well - it got me wondering what other's water reports look like. I know there's a number of nerms out there that check these out - if you're willing to share, please do! 

Here's mine: 

2086858838_WaterReport.PNG.765207c496a12a76a2a683dfd6e06174.PNG

I don't think it's *terrible* but it could be better. 

1819322149_WaterReport2.PNG.0cca5a6f759eff13954a03fcac8e0f20.PNG

Of course, when you throw in the other stuff they monitor further down it reads like a liquid fert bottle 🤣 Stays about 8-8.4 pH out of the tap from having done testing over the years. I don't do anything to modify it up or down and have found that the tanks I keep limestone scaping in come down to 7.5 and stay there.

So, what do you all think of my water? What does your report look like? I'd love the added perspective from seeing how things differ. 

This is pretty interesting considering Foo the Flowerhorn just posted this:

If you read the video description, it describes how he lost a lot of fish and shrimp a few months after moving to a new house.

Something to keep in mind when thinking about our water—the municipal reports are taken at the source, before they travel through the pipes to people’s houses.

It makes me grateful to be on a well. I don’t have fancy water reports, and my water can change seasonally, but it comes from the ground below my house with no additives besides the nearby farms’ fertilizer. (And it’s really soft!)

• Like 2

On 8/13/2021 at 9:42 PM, Hobbit said:

If you read the video description, it describes how he lost a lot of fish and shrimp a few months after moving to a new house.

Something to keep in mind when thinking about our water—the municipal reports are taken at the source, before they travel through the pipes to people’s houses.

It makes me grateful to be on a well. I don’t have fancy water reports, and my water can change seasonally, but it comes from the ground below my house with no additives besides the nearby farms’ fertilizer. (And it’s really soft!)

That’s crazy bad. I put filters in my water main incoming to my house and after my water softner. Unfortunately all my different Aqua babies need hard water and calcium/magnesium so I get mine from the hose outside. I get a ton of that stuff as sediment in my intake buckets. I use triple prime and let my water sit 24 hours. The chlorine smell sometimes fills the room. They put chemicals at random times of the year to raise ph to stop to much lead from leeching from the pipes. I have to test my water every time it’s usually 7.6 but  randomly jumps to 8-8.4 by the next day just sitting in the bucket 😡

• Confused 1

On 8/13/2021 at 8:42 PM, Hobbit said:

Our well water is stupidly hard but there is a lot of limestone in this area.  About 6 miles down the street there is a limestone quarry.  Sometimes we have a seasonal change in our water.  If that happens its usually in the spring after all the snow melts.  

There is municipal water across the street.  We'll hook up if there is an issue with the well.  So far, the worst thing that happened was the well pump failed.  

• Like 1

Our water report is pretty basic for Ft Lauderdale.1756864816_waterreportjpg.jpg.c884152bea8140abb7e0d4f06d9a5047.jpg

I take my water from my well and filter it thru sediment and carbon before it goes into the tanks.  It is highly mineralized and My ph is 7.8- 8.0 but I am doing all love bearers so they are loving it.

• Like 2