1 Dead Cory + Pulled 1 big eyed, red gill from the tank

Khamomeal

This morning I pulled a dead cory that must have passed last night. After my first feeding, I noticed one acting weird and pulled him out of the tank. He has bulging eyes and one of his gills is bright red. His tail also doesn't look as full as the other 3 in the tank.
The water is all testing normal. I do have 14 Odessa barbs in this 60 gallons. Could this be them?? I found a dead Odessa 1 week ago, but again all water tests are coming in at a good range. (I did have an ammonia spike with the dead Odessa but a 10% water change got rid of it completely). The shrimp are shedding well, my neon tetras and honey gouramis seem fine. Is this bullying or something I need to take more drastic action??

(this is my first over 10-gallon tank so I'm a lot out of my depth)

Like @Colu what are your exact readings? What test kit are you using? How long has this tank been set up and are you sure it's not doing another mini cycle? What is your exact stocking list? I see you mentioned Odessa barbs, a gourami, other tetra and Cory cats. It might be over stocked. Are there any live plants in the tank? The red gills does sound like ammonia burn but I couldn't guarentee that.

• Like 1

Api test kits. Tank is 60 gallons, set up 2.5 months. Started with live fritz bacteria and filter media from my 5 month cycled 10 gal. Its decently planted thanks to lots of cuttings from a friend. Though i am fighting some bacteria. 

I just retested the water and: Ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate .05, gh 8, ph 7.5, kh 7. 😞

AquStockImage.png

I did a 25% water change when i found a dead odessa 2 weeks ago, and was doing 15ish every 2 weeks about. 

Edited by Khamomeal

the ammonia spike you had weaken there immune system  leaveing it susceptible to.a bacterial infection that what probably kill your Cory what I would do is increase water changes to 25% a week and do a course of maracyn just to cover against any bacterial disease

• Like 2