Very bloated green tiger barb

Juan colin

My green tiger barb has been very bloated for the past week or so and i dont know what to do my friends  are telling me that i might have to be ready for it to die but i dont want that to happen.My theory is that it has been eating my sand substrate.i feed once a day and a very good amount for everyone.Any tips or ideas would be great 

thank you

image.jpg

if it been eating substrate the amount it must have eaten to be that bloated it will probably not be able to pass  it could be dropsy  recommended treatment is kanaplex and furan2 together for severe case looking at the picture he has a small  chance of recovering you might have to consider euthanizeing him clove oil is the most humane way

Edited by Colu

49 minutes ago, Colu said:

if it been eating substrate the amount it must have eaten to be that bloated it will probably not be able to pass  it could be dropsy  recommended treatment is kanaplex and furan2 together for severe case looking at the picture he has a small  chance of recovering you might have to consider euthanizeing him clove oil is the most humane way

He is moving around and eating and has normal colors so is there an easier way to treat him because i heard that dropsy is hard to treat

• 3 weeks later...