Plant question

Jcdli

I have struggled so much with bacopa (moneywort), I just do not get it.  It just melts like crazy, gets uprooted really easily and then starts melting again from being pushed back into the substrate.  I am trying it again and a stem became uprooted so instead of fighting to keep it planted, I am just letting it float to see if that will make it stronger before I replant it?  I don't know, I'm just making it up as I go.  I just keep hearing how easy it is to grow and I have such a black thumb with it.  I hope you have better luck, Jcdli!

• Like 1

I'm currently working on growing this too and doing ok with it- however- Cory had said in a video I watched recently about plants that most of it is grown out of water (and the stuff they sell at Petco usually is, I got mine from an online seller that grows it out of water as well)- Cory advised that the bottom leaves of the stem will start to melt and the tops will start with new growth (check), once that happens he recommended trimming it and replanting the new growth (check). Once I did that I'm starting to see a bit faster growth but I did also leave the bottoms in because there were tiny leaves starting, I figured if I left those and had cut the tops off the plant would focus on the newer small leaves. 

• Like 1

Just Renee, yeah I hear you I’m pretty new to the hobby so I’m experiment, I like Cory quote. That’s why I start it getting plants and the quote is nature finds it’s way to survive and adapt so I’m giving a try I put some in the sand and I’m letting some float to see how it goes I have so other things going in the tank to, but I’m really seeing that nature find it’s way to survive just give it a chance

phoenixx how much can i cut cuz I’m thinking 3 fingers

• Like 1