Fluval CO2 kit...

Karen B.

Am I the only one having issues with these kit? I tried both 45 and 95 and they work for a couple of days then a hose comes loose, a leak appears... or suddenly the co2 can’t reach the diffuser and a connection somewhere just explodes?!

I don't think so, I was getting ready to buy a 95g set myself and did some research into them and found more often than not people were having the same issues that you are.  I ended up going with the DIY co2 route myself and havent had any issues (knock on wood)

Karen;

I've used the 45g in a 29 gallon tank and I've never had any of the issues you describe.

The only issue I have is that the LFS I was buying the cartridges from raised their prices by 60% so I took the CO2 out, my fish didn't care that I did. 

The LFS lost.

To be honest fluval co2 kits are an expensive proposition - long term you are much better off buying a c2oart (or simliar) regulator and a 5 or 10lb canister of co2 from your local welding shop. While different regions have different pricing - in my neck of the wood (not the cheapest) it is $100 for a 10lb cansiter and $22 dollars to refill - has to be refilled around every 5 months.

I have the 95 and haven't had any issues. The regulator and hosing worked just fine out of the box. I upgraded to co2 specific tubing and that seems to make my canister last longer. In the next 4-5 months, I plan on getting an adapter and upgrading to a refillable paintball gun canister.