Coreys Stuff - Question about product Corey mentioned in video

ShellFire

Great topic! I don't have an answer for your question.

However, I've a question to add to the topic: I think it started with Dean, floating containers in tanks and he was floating containers, I think they wrapped them in a foam backer or something similar. Does anyone know if there are any specifics that I should look into? Do I need to worry about the foam not being aquarium safe? Any ideas?

I also heard it was the maxi jet 1200 (now made by marineland I think) but went with an aquatop that was cheaper. I went one size up from the aquatop coop sells. Works ok but has some trouble lifting water from bucket in tub to tank on stand causing a lower flow. Gets the job done, but takes a while.  I just got a mj1200 (got from Amazon) which from specs should have higher flow at the heights I need. Has a difference size output though so I need to go to store to buy tubing and some adapters to get it hooked to python

On 9/11/2020 at 9:08 PM, NordernAquariums said:

Great topic! I don't have an answer for your question.

However, I've a question to add to the topic: I think it started with Dean, floating containers in tanks and he was floating containers, I think they wrapped them in a foam backer or something similar. Does anyone know if there are any specifics that I should look into? Do I need to worry about the foam not being aquarium safe? Any ideas?

Not sure about Dean, but I used these from Dollar tree. They are like mini-noodles, and I didn't have to cut them or anything. The yellow fins strip right off and you can finesse the red ropes right out, they are like plugs. So then I glued them into the handles of a breeder box - Floats great and I can also use it to add water without disturbing anything

MiniNoodle.png

Breeder Box.png

Edited by ShellFire