Hello! This is an updated picture of my fish room dedicated to shrimp for profit.

I’m moving only as fast as cash will allow me. I know I could have done more 10s or some 20s, but I wanted my premium RCS in the 20L so that way I can monitor and cull easier. I might add another 10 gallon or a 20. Maybe down the road build another stand for below and put some more tanks on it. Nothing fancy, this is all I can afford currently. No fancy auto water changes or drains (though my washer and dryer are right by it and I could use that drain (TBD)).

I have a stingray light coming as well as an Amazon basics long power strip for behind the tanks to clean things up. 

Just wanted to share what I’m up to. I’m really enjoying this and I love seeing the messages from people saying how they love my shrimp. 

you can clearly see aquarium coops influence on me. Seen are their sponge filters, I’m getting the finnex light, the Ned trio is sitting there ect. Haha. 

3EF9483C-8460-4853-95C5-17866EFDAC44.jpeg

• Like 13

On 4/23/2021 at 3:36 PM, Stealth Aquatics said:

Hello! This is an updated picture of my fish room dedicated to shrimp for profit.

I’m moving only as fast as cash will allow me. I know I could have done more 10s or some 20s, but I wanted my premium RCS in the 20L so that way I can monitor and cull easier. I might add another 10 gallon or a 20. Maybe down the road build another stand for below and put some more tanks on it. Nothing fancy, this is all I can afford currently. No fancy auto water changes or drains (though my washer and dryer are right by it and I could use that drain (TBD)).

I have a stingray light coming as well as an Amazon basics long power strip for behind the tanks to clean things up. 

Just wanted to share what I’m up to. I’m really enjoying this and I love seeing the messages from people saying how they love my shrimp. 

you can clearly see aquarium coops influence on me. Seen are their sponge filters, I’m getting the finnex light, the Ned trio is sitting there ect. Haha. 

3EF9483C-8460-4853-95C5-17866EFDAC44.jpeg

Nice!! Love me a nice RCS. Looks like you’re in business.

Here’s our simple fish room. We breed a lot, but don’t ship too much.

• Like 2

On 4/24/2021 at 4:13 PM, Fish Folk said:

Nice!! Love me a nice RCS. Looks like you’re in business.

Here’s our simple fish room. We breed a lot, but don’t ship too much.

That looks great! My wife basically said I had to find a way to find the fish hobby a little. So I’m selling shrimp and maybe will be breeding corys. This small operation so far is bringing in about 300-400 a month. I would say it is working pretty well 

• Like 6

14 hours ago, ChemBob said:

Out of curiosity, how do you sell your fish? Online, fish club, store? Thanks!

I’m just selling online. It’s a lot of work though haha. I’m going to try to get into a local store here once I get another strain of shrimp or something. I’m currently doing market research. I just don’t want to show up with just cherry shrimp to sell. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It’s not an auto water change system, but I connected a drain to my washer drain so I don’t have to carry buckets everywhere full of mulm over the carpet and I can drain directly from siphon to that drain. For the tanks that are lower I plan on just pumping the water to the drain for water changes 

B7426163-6383-4C80-BE00-DD354DE5AB07.jpeg

• Like 4

So I have an aquarist fail, but I’m sharing this out of my amazement. I received 6 black schultzei corys in the mail today. All alive. Acclimated them to temp and went to do the plop and drop. I put them in the tank and they all scurry like normal. I come back an hour later and can only find 5. I’m looking everywhere and can’t find the last one. I deal with my kids and get dinner started and I’m like I know I saw 6 in the bag, where is that last guy. 

I throughly check the tank and only see 5, so I go to the trash and look at the bags they came in, and I was expecting a dead fish that I didn’t see when emptying the bags, well THIS LITTLE DUDE WAS SRUCK UNDER THE TAPED EDGES TO MAKE THE BAG SQUARE.  And there was a little bit of water, but he was ALIVE. I couldn’t believe it because it had been 3 hours at this point since I put them in the tank. I hurried and put him in the tank and he did fine, it’s now been 3 hours since he was out in the tank and he is still breathing and moving around. I will monitor. 

i feel terrible about this. I should have caught it. The only thing I can think of as to why he is still alive is because corys can absorb oxygen through their gut. 

I wish corys were more distinct because I will keep this guy forever. He is the smallest of the bunch and a huge fighter. 

9E893FA2-CA5D-4D78-8C5E-892BD11A1D4E.jpeg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, ARMYVET said:

Wow things are progressing nicely!!  Congrats on the fish room startup @Stealth Aquatics .  I cant wait to see how the egg hatching goes.  Good Luck!

Thanks! It’s nothing huge, I’m hoping I’m a few years down the road my wife will let me take the workout room and convert it to an actual proper fish room. Until then, I’ll keep this set up going. 

Everybody has to start somewhere...I was just given permission to convert a 10x10 room into a fish room.  My head is swimming with ideas and trying to think how to fit it all into one room.  I would love to breed some things to be able to sell to help pay for this hobby.  Thought of breeding shrimp, fancy guppies and some Variatus come to mind.  So the research continues as to proper tank sizing and I want to have auto water changing system in place. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ARMYVET said:

Everybody has to start somewhere...I was just given permission to convert a 10x10 room into a fish room.  My head is swimming with ideas and trying to think how to fit it all into one room.  I would love to breed some things to be able to sell to help pay for this hobby.  Thought of breeding shrimp, fancy guppies and some Variatus come to mind.  So the research continues as to proper tank sizing and I want to have auto water changing system in place. 

Yeah I’m going to do an auto water change system when/if I can expand down the road. I think I just have to prove myself to my wife. And bank some money to be allowed to do it. I can sneak another 20 and a 5 gallon on this set up still. 

56 minutes ago, ARMYVET said:

From what you said 3-400 per month of income...You are proving your self very nicely.  I will be asking you some tips in the future...lol

That’s just 1 ten gallon of shrimp. But I’m hustling selling online. I haven’t tried to get into a LFS yet. I’m trying to get more than just cherry shrimp to show on a stock list. That’s why I’m doing sterbai Cory, schwartzei cory, super red bristlenose, my tuxedo guppies, and I’m going to be buying L134 plecos for a lon term breeding project. 

12 hours ago, Stealth Aquatics said:

Proud momma sterbai is watching her wrigglers hatch. So far so good 😊 😬

D92A7F0D-407D-4A8C-A5AF-5116E1556EB0.jpeg

how did you get so zoomed in? the camera I use has trouble with a small red tiger lotus(I kind of lily, I think)