Ich on a catfish

HarleyJohnson17

Hello, my two pitcus catfish have ich! Idk what to do! I plan to get ich x but do I dose half or whole dose... is that what I should get? Also in the tank is blood parrots, and black skirt tetra. No signs on them! I have snails but they can be removed if need be. Please help! Thank you so much 😊  sorry for bad picture , fast little things lol 

FE34960B-5102-4549-9F4E-9693A608CBD3.jpeg

Was curious how this was going.... catfish are scaleless....so sensitive to ich-x.  They need a half dose. 

Most fish are fine with salt.  The snails will depend on the type.  Nerites are actually brackish or saltwater snails...some species venture into freshwater so it really depends on the snail.

I generally don't recommend half dosing anything just because it's a lot more likely that the protozoans will make a resurgence and your fish will be re-infected. Ich is difficult to treat in a display tank because you need to make sure that the free-swimming protozoans die in addition to the organisms attached to the fish, separating affected fish and treating them doesn't really cut it.

Irene has made a video on the subject last month.

Cory also has a less recent video on the Aquarium Co-Op channel.