13 minutes ago, lefty o said:

i believe its a bladder snail. as for it being ok, more than likely, and its presence can help the cycle along (normally i am anti snail, but living things in the tank are good for cycling).

Definitely a bladder snail

• Like 1

Just now, MichelleMichelle said:

I took him out and put him in a  empty 3 gallon tank. I did a quick Google search after the first answer and found out he/she/it can reproduce on its own...

Yes, they can. I found at least 4 babies so far and 2 egg clutches. I just leave them alone because I think they're cute. 🤣

• Like 1

yeah, looks like a bladder snail.  They are good to keep around IMO.  They can help with algae, and do a good job repurposing fish poop and excess food into more readily available forms for plants to work with.  And for the most part, they will only boom to huge populations if there is too much excess food (or fish poop).  They are a good biologic buffer system in your tank to help keep things more stable.

I have a nice happy population that started out as a single individual that came with my first online order of aquarium plants.

• Like 1