Is this a Malaysian Trumpet Snail?

Lifeisgood

5 minutes ago, Fish Folk said:

Hmm . . . maybe not . . . might be a red-rimmed melania. Check them out here.

I had a few similar snails surprise me lately too.  It looks like from this article (down at the VERY bottom of the info) that red-rimmed melania are a type of MTS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, KaitieG said:

I had a few similar snails surprise me lately too.  It looks like from this article (down at the VERY bottom of the info) that red-rimmed melania are a type of MTS.

Good spot! So . . . YES . . . sure looks like MTS 😅

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KaitieG said:

Thank you KaitieG!  Now we all learned a new thing!  I was just surprised because I watch this tank all the time and how did it get so big without me seeing it?  Oh well, maybe it burrows under the sand a lot. 

8 hours ago, Lifeisgood said:

Thank you KaitieG!  Now we all learned a new thing!  I was just surprised because I watch this tank all the time and how did it get so big without me seeing it?  Oh well, maybe it burrows under the sand a lot. 

I've had tanks set up for quite a while and have just started spotting them in mine too.  I've only seen 1 at a time, so they don't seem to be overrunning anything.  Maybe the co-op has more going in their plant tanks--I've gotten a few recent orders there.  Otherwise I'm stumped as to how they got there--so glad to know I'm not the only one!

• Haha 1