Neon Tetra tolerance for cooler water

PatrickB

Hello,

I'm establishing a small school of neon tetras and would like to get away with not using a heater. It's a rimless tank & without a lid is runs around 66f during the day and perhaps slightly colder during the night. I've acclimated them and after about a week they seem to be getting along just fine. They are active, hungry, and showing good color.

My question to the group is for those who have more experience with these fish. Is this an acceptable temperature long-term? Thanks!

28 minutes ago, PatrickB said:

Hello,

I'm establishing a small school of neon tetras and would like to get away with not using a heater. It's a rimless tank & without a lid is runs around 66f during the day and perhaps slightly colder during the night. I've acclimated them and after about a week they seem to be getting along just fine. They are active, hungry, and showing good color.

My question to the group is for those who have more experience with these fish. Is this an acceptable temperature long-term? Thanks!

Wow this is a neat discovery. I don't have any long-term experience with neon tetras and cooler water, but I am sure other forum members have. What other fish do you keep in the aquarium?

4 minutes ago, CorydorasEthan said:

Wow this is a neat discovery. I don't have any long-term experience with neon tetras and cooler water, but I am sure other forum members have. What other fish do you keep in the aquarium?

It's just the Tetras is there. No plans for additional fish just yet.

• Like 1