Is this tank cycled?

mgudyka

I performed a large water change last night (I needed to move the tank so I emptied like 70% of it) and I am checking this following morning. 

This tank is covered in bladder snails and their thousands of eggs and is hopefully ready for a couple of puffers.

20210328_092437_HDR.jpg

1 hour ago, AquaAggie said:

Do you have a test from before your water change?  It looks like you are still reading 0 nitrates. When the tank is cycled you should read some nitrates. Have you seen ammonia or nitrite spikes?

Yes, this is from yesterday:

20210327_124353.jpg

1 hour ago, AquaAggie said:

Do you have a test from before your water change?  It looks like you are still reading 0 nitrates. When the tank is cycled you should read some nitrates. Have you seen ammonia or nitrite spikes?

And yes I had an ammonia spike last week 

@mgudyka then no you are not cycled. You are almost there though. You still have nitrite. I would continue to cycle your tank as you have been. Looks like you are good with ammonia to nitrite but still need a little more time for nitrite to nitrate. As you are seeing both that means you have some of those bacteria there and should be close the end. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately the large water change likely set you back a day or two. But your macro fauna will speed things up. I would throw some extra waste in there to counteract the water change. If you have some filter gunk from your established tank this will help. Or fish food is easy too, plus your snails will appreciate it.

4 minutes ago, Biotope Biologist said:

Unfortunately the large water change likely set you back a day or two. But your macro fauna will speed things up. I would throw some extra waste in there to counteract the water change. If you have some filter gunk from your established tank this will help. Or fish food is easy too, plus your snails will appreciate it.

Good thinking