What kind of snails does Aquarium Co-Op keep in their plant tanks?

The title pretty much says it all. I got a shipment of plants from Aquarium Co-Op about a week ago, planted in my tank I'm setting up and found at least three snails this morning. I'm fine with that since I don't mind snails and it's my own fault for not cleaning/quarantining. I'm just wondering what kind they most likely are?

They're still really small and easily hidden, so they're hard to get a picture of unfortunately (Edited to add picture of actual snail). The looks a bit like the nerite snail that I already have, but I was under the impression that nerite snail eggs didn't hatch unless they were in brackish water (which mine is not for planted reasons and I can't imagine AC's is either).

Anybody know what they could be?

Edited by B1gJ4k3

Yep. I always say if it has little Yoda ears, it's a pond snail.  Thin ones mean bladder snail. 

The direction of the shell spiral also can be determinant, but I think that's tougher to remember which is which/tell by looking.

I got ramshorn in my last order (pogostemon) - at least the first showed up about 3 weeks after adding the plant to my tank.  I didn't get any with my previous order (jungle val).   I did get bladder snails in jan from a local seller and I even pre-treated those plants before putting in my tank.  I was able to keep ahead of the bladder snails and I think they've been effectively eliminated.   

I've let the ramshorn grow, but I've been removing the eggs that my platys don't get to help keep the population in check.   They definitely like to lay a lot of eggs!  

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, everybody. I got a pretty close look at one today. Based on the shell coloring and thing antennae, I'm thinking bladder snails. I don't really mind, but I'll definitely be cleaning new plants from now on.

IMG_2101.JPG

Edited by B1gJ4k3