Bruce

Hey guys, my oranda goldfish started floating sideways today. He swims normally but when he stops swimming and is at rest he floats sideways. This is his 3rd week of quarantine since he's a new fish. He had anchor worm and is on his final week of Cyropro. He mostly eats duckweed. He's eaten Hikari sinking goldfish excel 1-2 and mysis and brine shrimp 1-2. I'm not sure what could be causing his swim bladder issues.

Another reason he could've been swimming on his side is if he had a swim bladder issue. Unfortunately its a tough one to cure plus in combination with anchor worms and meds he was probably exhausted from trying to swim upright. 

• Thanks 1

Sorry Bruce.  I have been trying to get my little fancy goldfish grown up too.  As I have been reading about people’s issues with them—they appear to be more fragile when young.  I have grown many single finned goldfish to great size with no problems.  I do like their faces and they are so personable.  I think if I would choose over again I would choose larger fancies.  They are older and have endured through their most fragile stage of life.  More expensive but a safer bet? 

Living and learning with you.  I am grateful for the forum.

• Thanks 1