How does this aquascape look for sparkling gourami

Clockwork-crow

Planning on getting 3 sparkling gourami soon, and ideally will breed them, wondering if anyone had any feedback on this aquascape for them. I also have corydoras and CPD's so I wanted some open space but also a dense well shadowed part, but if anyone has any suggestions for making the sparklers more comfortable I'd love to hear them.

PXL_20210223_001303991.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like a lovely home! If you've never followed Foo the Flowerhorn, he's got a long sequence of videos where he goes from month 1 through 33 months featuring a tank with no ferts, no filter, no CO2 5 gal tank stocked with a couple sparkling gourami that have babies: 

38 minutes ago, Clockwork-crow said:

Planning on getting 3 sparkling gourami soon, and ideally will breed them, wondering if anyone had any feedback on this aquascape for them. I also have corydoras and CPD's so I wanted some open space but also a dense well shadowed part, but if anyone has any suggestions for making the sparklers more comfortable I'd love to hear them.

PXL_20210223_001303991.jpg

Looks like a gourami paradise to me! You might want to add even more zones in the corners if you intend on keeping some of the offspring. They might be shy for awhile around the CPDs, but all the plant cover should help with that. Excited to see how it works out!

13 minutes ago, Fish Folk said:

Looks like a lovely home! If you've never followed Foo the Flowerhorn, he's got a long sequence of videos where he goes from month 1 through 33 months featuring a tank with no ferts, no filter, no CO2 5 gal tank stocked with a couple sparkling gourami that have babies: 

I am familiar yes! Thank you. I really like foos style of tank and I'm trying to emulate that on one side, but I've noticed that with corydoras they are way more entertaining if there is a wide open space for foraging.

• Like 1