Is this a crypt pink flamingo?

Hello all. I bought this crypt from a store and they said it was a crypt pink flamingo. I’ve had it planted for over two months now and I haven’t seen a hint of pink. Is it my care that is not bringing the pink out or is this not a pink flamingo? 

it’s in a 10 gallon with a nicrew light. There’s a root tab directly under it. I’m not running co2 

image.jpg

Hi @k0olmini,

It is pretty much impossible to tell.  Why?  Because Cryptocoryne 'Pink Flamingo' is a color variant of Cryptocoryne wendtii so its natural color is 'green' unless it receives sufficient light intensity to bring out the red pigments in the leaves, specifically Carotenoids (lycopene), anthocyanins, and betacyanins. -Roy

It very well could be. I have had pink flamingo crypt several times not, getting it as tissue culture, as well as a potted plant. The tissue cultured one I never got to take off and convert. The potted ones, one was a greenish pink and other was bright pink. The greenish one melted back and died. The bright pink one did fine for a while and then slowly turned an olive green color. I have been told it needs bright lighting and co2 if possible. I just got a Fluval light and a co2 system, so I plan to find some and try it one last time and see what happens.