Goldfish experts help!

GardenStateGoldfish

Hello All, This is my first goldfish I had so she is special to me, also the mother to many of my others, about a year ago she developed this bump on her shoulder, I tried many different things but nothing seems to treat it, I have lanced it 3 different times and used triple antibiotic ointment and hydrogen peroxide however it has never gone away. I am thinking its bacterial because inside it has a yellow substance. 

It has not spread to any other fish, out of fear it would spread I have her isolated now which is tough because she's my big momma and I know goldfish do not like to be alone. 

I have tried: 
Salt, 
Erythromycin, 
API general cure
API Fin and Body Cure, 
MelafixPeroxide/triple antibiotic
Clean water

Water Parameters:

pH
Usually around 7, sometimes varies due to KH but most of the time 7. 

Nitrates
usually 20-30 

Hardness
Very hard - 300 PPM

Nitrite

Ammonia

KH/Buffer
Low, 40 ppm

Water Temperature 
Currently cold, around 50F but it varies by season its currently winter. 

1986984572_Skrabletwo.jpg.bbaf40b0a0a7ec72d3c891b9b18bef56.jpg

Skrable.jpg.b4ff4d8b9ef6156a19e694f0617b7d1d.jpg

Edited by GardenStateGoldfish
photo placement messed up

you wouldn't think it to be goldfish pox would you? Doesnt look like it to me however I just want to make sure, over the year it has not spread to any other fish, but I don't want to go around contaminating my entire fish room if it is something serious like that. But she is special to me, so euthanasia is not an option either. 

I am no expert and can't offer any useful advice, I just want to say that I have one goldfish with a very similarly looking bump on the body. 

My goldfish is 12+ years old and stunted. She already had the bump when I got her about two years ago. I didn't do any treatment for the bump specifically as it didn't seem to be a big issue... the fish behavior was/is normal, the bump never spread to any other fishes, and it grew only very slowly with time. Maybe just let it be and hope it's not something serious? Despite the bump and other health issues, my goldfish survived when all other fishes in the tank (big wild carps) died from hemorrhagic septicemia and ich. 

goldfish-bump.jpg.1b2238a262b6405054411c1ab5f30d75.jpg

14 hours ago, Fonske said:

I am no expert and can't offer any useful advice, I just want to say that I have one goldfish with a very similarly looking bump on the body. 

My goldfish is 12+ years old and stunted. She already had the bump when I got her about two years ago. I didn't do any treatment for the bump specifically as it didn't seem to be a big issue... the fish behavior was/is normal, the bump never spread to any other fishes, and it grew only very slowly with time. Maybe just let it be and hope it's not something serious? Despite the bump and other health issues, my goldfish survived when all other fishes in the tank (big wild carps) died from hemorrhagic septicemia and ich. 

goldfish-bump.jpg.1b2238a262b6405054411c1ab5f30d75.jpg

Very interesting you mentioned hemorrhagic septicemia, 

My goldfish had that after an outbreak in a tank at work from another sick fish and all the fish in the tank died except that oranda. Maybe it is residual damage? 

However yours does appear to be different then my goldfish when I first noticed it, but I did get a private message with an alternative diagnosis of Lymphocytis Virus if you want to google that and attempt to treat, PS I love that your goldfish is 12, I love longevity of goldfish and like to informally study ones that live past 20

8 hours ago, GardenStateGoldfish said:

Very interesting you mentioned hemorrhagic septicemia, 

My goldfish had that after an outbreak in a tank at work from another sick fish and all the fish in the tank died except that oranda. Maybe it is residual damage? 

In my case, it's hard to tell. The septicemia outbreak I mentioned happened long after my goldfish got the bump. This part I know for sure. However, the previous owner told me that the goldfish was kept in a ~ 3g office desk tank for ~10 years and it got sick and almost died about 6 months before it came to me. I have no further info on diagnosis or treatment back then... could have been any disease or environmental factor.

Thank you for sharing the Lymphocytis Virus name. Looks like a plausible diagnosis for my fish. The internet says it's of minor concern, and there is no treatment for it anyways. 

• Like 1