Fish knocked itself out?

Roasty Toasty

I was doing a water change this morning and one of my fancy guppies must've got a little spooked. She swam pretty hard right into the glass and laid on her side on the substrate. At first I thought she was dead but noticed her breathing. I turned the lights off to let her chill out and now she is up and swimming but seems a little stunned still. Anything I need to lookout for in the next few days to make sure she will pull through? Thanks.

Not sure there's much you can do. You could try adding salt (if it is not a planted tank) to try and cut off any possible infection, although usually I would only be worried about it if there is a cut.

If it makes you feel better, I had a bronze cory that got itself wedged in a piece of cholla wood. Like, super stuck! I had to get my hobby hand saw and cut a piece off very close to the fish! It had an abrasion on its head but recovered fully with no help from me. Silly fish!

• Like 1

Just look out for any infections or other external issues. This is especially common with wild caught angelfish, especially altums. I have never heard of this happening to goldfish though. To prevent this from ever happening again, I would cover the glass pannels, except for the viewing pannel. 

Honestly i am surpised she isn't dead

Edited by James Black