Looking for inspiration for 75-80 gallon tanks!

redmare

I have an 80 gallon tank that I get to set up and stock once I move in about a month, and I am so excited. I am having the HARDEST time figuring out what I should put in it! I've come up with about 20 different ideas. I'm just wondering what all you keep in your 75-80 gallon tanks, or what you would do with one if you had one! I'm fond of colour, activity, and a fairly large variety of fish, and definitely plants as well. I've thought of doing pearl gouramis, electric blue acaras, and all kinds of dwarf cichlids as centerpieces, and like half of the tetras out there have been on my list at some point. There's just too many awesome fish!

Since it sounds like you already have experience, I highly recommend discus! You can keep unagressive fish like cardinal tetras when they are young but be prepared that they will eventually become food when they get to about 4 inches. I always keep the blue discus. Varieties like, Blue diamond, cobalt, scorpion snakeskin etc. Hope this helps!

43 minutes ago, Cory said:

Sounds like some rainbow fish and some roselink sharks may be considered as well.

Man, I totally forgot rainbows were a thing! I've been getting interested in those lately, they're so cool.

39 minutes ago, Patrick M. said:

Since it sounds like you already have experience, I highly recommend discus! You can keep unagressive fish like cardinal tetras when they are young but be prepared that they will eventually become food when they get to about 4 inches. I always keep the blue discus. Varieties like, Blue diamond, cobalt, scorpion snakeskin etc. Hope this helps!

I've been considering discus! They honestly seem right up my alley- they just give me sticker shock big time. Classic broke uni student problems!

11 minutes ago, StephenP2003 said:

In mine i've got forktails, boesemani, julii cory, 1 pearl gourami, cardinal tetra, and rummynose tetra. 

Oo this sounds really gorgeous. Do you have photos on here, or can you post one?