Possible ich come back not sure?!?

Gio,

So I'm new to this but I am aware of ich had a little bit of an outbreak about two or three weeks ago treated with imagitarium parasite remedy raised temps to about 84+ it cleared up but nowthree of my fish ( platy,guppy, and molly) are starting to itch them self's on the gravel, plants, and decorations no signs of white spots yet on any of them any other reasons they could be doing this?

When they 'itch' themselves are they rubbing around their gill areas?  That could be a sign of gill flukes.  Could be something else as well.   Posting water parameters will help, it might be the pH is really low and play/guppy/mollies like is higher and hard water.  Double check to make sure it isn't something in the tank, like a short circuit on the heater and they are being shocked.  other than that. usually when fish do this, its either the gills or the body.   But its usually some sort of parasite or possibly ICH again.  You could be proactive and use the 'med trio' on them.  

EDIT:  Also,  some aquarium salt will go a long way with this type of thing as well, and the fish you have would probably prefer some.

Edited by Mr_Manifesto

5 hours ago, Mr_Manifesto said:

When they 'itch' themselves are they rubbing around their gill areas?  That could be a sign of gill flukes.  Could be something else as well.   Posting water parameters will help, it might be the pH is really low and play/guppy/mollies like is higher and hard water.  Double check to make sure it isn't something in the tank, like a short circuit on the heater and they are being shocked.  other than that. usually when fish do this, its either the gills or the body.   But its usually some sort of parasite or possibly ICH again.  You could be proactive and use the 'med trio' on them.  

EDIT:  Also,  some aquarium salt will go a long way with this type of thing as well, and the fish you have would probably prefer some.

Yea I think it's the gills they're rubbing closer to their heads and for my parameters this is what I got today I did do a water change a few days ago 

Nitrate 20 

Nitrite 0.5

Ph 7.6

Kh 80

Gh 120

And how would I check to see if there's a short circuit? I didn't feel anything when I stuck my hand in there to clean and to put one of my plants back cause they always up root it 

As for the aquarium salts will it effect any other of my fish I have neon tetras, danios, black khuli albino cory and a nerite snail also a few live plants 

Thank you I really appreciate the help and advice

57 minutes ago, Ghost said:

how would I check to see if there's a short circuit? I didn't feel anything when I stuck my hand in there

that's pretty much how you check... lol

57 minutes ago, Ghost said:

As for the aquarium salts will it effect any other of my fish I have neon tetras, danios, black khuli albino cory and a nerite snail also a few live plants 

Salt shouldn't have any issues with the other fish and snails, but the plants will suffer from it. 

oh ok should I do another water change here soon then to get it to zero and it's for sure ich the tiny white spots started appearing on other fish turned the temperature up again now its 75-76 don't have any time today to get salt but will do that as soon as possible also will try the the api super ich treatment thank you everyone for the help appreciate it alot hope to get better at this really enjoying the hobby

6 hours ago, Colu said:

Your nitrite should be zero but your other water conditions are fine  looking at the symptoms it could be gill flukes or ick can infect the gills I would treat for ick again it no improvement treat with paracleanse or general cure for gill flukes

13 hours ago, Mr_Manifesto said:

that's pretty much how you check... lol

Salt shouldn't have any issues with the other fish and snails, but the plants will suffer from it. 

Oh ok that make sense lol but as for the plants any way to counteract the effects on them

14 hours ago, James Black said:

can you send us pictures of the fish with ich?

I treated ich with API Super Ick Cure, and it worked great for me. I didn't add any salt and netiher did I adjust the temp. I have heard great things about ich x too.

I can't get a steady picture but the guppy has a white spot on his tail fin also one of the tetras is showing signs of it also on tail fin and Im have to go get some of the api one then till I can get the ich x in thank you for the advice

19 hours ago, Mr_Manifesto said:

Yea I think it's the gills they're rubbing closer to their heads and for my parameters this is what I got today I did do a water change a few days ago 

Nitrate 20 

Nitrite 0.5

Ph 7.6

Kh 80

Gh 120

And how would I check to see if there's a short circuit? I didn't feel anything when I stuck my hand in there to clean and to put one of my plants back cause they always up root it 

Thank you I really appreciate the help and advice

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Oh ok that make sense lol but as for the plants any way to counteract the effects on them

Unfortunately not, other than either removing them from the tank or moving the fish to a hospital tank, but if you have ICH meds, I'd use them.  I would also probably use the Maracyn and Paracleanse too, just to make sure it isn't gill flukes and the Ich....   Also, make sure you have an airstone if you're medicating and raising temp.

Thank you all for the help could use a bit more advise the ich seems to have cleared up after the second treatment. i also did the a water change today and last treatment for ich all water parameters were normal but I have this one glo fish who's been swimming at the top since yesterday I have an air stone in there for extra oxygen the rest of my fish are fine it's.just that one any ideas of what it could be

On 1/27/2021 at 12:43 AM, Mr_Manifesto said:

Unfortunately not, other than either removing them from the tank or moving the fish to a hospital tank, but if you have ICH meds, I'd use them.  I would also probably use the Maracyn and Paracleanse too, just to make sure it isn't gill flukes and the Ich....   Also, make sure you have an airstone if you're medicating and raising temp.

how much salt should i dose on my 20 gallon for my kuhli loaches not to be effected ich keeps coming back in small waves it cleared up and came back but only my molly and tetras are being effected and one of my danios has been acting strange lately swimming close to the top not being a typical danio was wondering if api general cure would be safe to also use with salts and the api super ich medication?

Hi everyone!  Speaking of ich ...I’m on day 4 of treating an ich problem...lost a couple of fish unfortunately...I hear conflicting things out there about treatment methods...I’ve been doing 25% water changes the past 3 days before dosing again, but I’ve also heard to do 48hr water changes and dosing at that time instead of daily?  Two fish still have a few white spots, and I’m also concerned about harming the fish by doing too many doses.     I’ve been running the filter without carbon, just using the foam and biomax media. I’m using an oldie called Ich Guard by Jungle brand.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2021 at 6:23 PM, AquaDude said:

Hi everyone!  Speaking of ich ...I’m on day 4 of treating an ich problem...lost a couple of fish unfortunately...I hear conflicting things out there about treatment methods...I’ve been doing 25% water changes the past 3 days before dosing again, but I’ve also heard to do 48hr water changes and dosing at that time instead of daily?  Two fish still have a few white spots, and I’m also concerned about harming the fish by doing too many doses.     I’ve been running the filter without carbon, just using the foam and biomax media. I’m using an oldie called Ich Guard by Jungle brand.

hi im still new to this but i did use api super ich cure and had good results by following the directions on the back and also raised the temperature to 85. also bought the med trio and plan on dosing once i find out if its safe for fry or not

• Like 1