What kind of worm is this?

Alec2cool

I spotted this guy about an hour ago in my 20g long with my new rainbow stiphodon gobies. He wasn't bothering the fish but he was doing weird wavy movements just above the gravel before slinking back underground. I pondered on what I'm gonna do and then I decided to just hunt him down and get him out of there.

Google images are giving me all kinds of ideas on what it is but I'm pretty convinced it's a type of leech.

What do you guys think?

Parameters:
pH: 8.2
Ammonia: 0.25ppm (The test kit always reads that with my water, even straight out of the tap.)
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 20ppm
Temp: 78F

Edited by Alec2cool

I have already started treatment with paracleanse. Been keeping an eye out for more of these leech/worm/things. The "thing" is currently sitting in a covered mason jar with a few inches of water.

The particular substrate I have in that tank (Pea Gravel from Lowe's that is an odd orange color with bits of white as well) has produced some interesting organisms. I had scuds several months ago in that same tank. Not only that, but any fish I have in there for extended periods of time, I have to start feeding less because they get so dang fat.

Can't wait to see what else comes out of that odd-looking substrate.

(This is a several month old pic, my more recent pictures just look terrible.)

20200521_233153.jpg

Sorry  general cure use the same active ingredient as paracleanse I put general cure by mistake from what I've read they are difficult to kill  most recommend draining take and treating plants in a weak bleach solutions and cleaning the hole tank or you can just remove adult leeches when you see them

Edited by Colu