Cory flashing

Danny LeVeck

16 minutes ago, James Black said:

What do you mean by "flashing". Are they swimming up and down the decor and the glass? The best way to know is if you send us a video. To do this you will have to post it youtube (or another social media) and then send us the link

I’ll try to get a video when I’m home. It’ll twitch to the side and back right side up. 

13 hours ago, James Black said:

What do you mean by "flashing". Are they swimming up and down the decor and the glass? The best way to know is if you send us a video. To do this you will have to post it youtube (or another social media) and then send us the link

Here is a video a took the other day. He didn’t do it to the side, but the one on the right does twitch upward right at the beginning of the video. 

Only my Corydoras aeneus do this in my tank. Also some of my guppies and siamese algae eaters do it. The Corydoras paleatus, Corydoras pygmaeus and the pearl gourami in the tank do not though. I don't know why they do it, but it's been a long time since they started and they have had no problems that I can see. They behave just fine and are perfectly healthy. So I would not worry too much about it. Of course, I am not an expert, so I will leave it up to the more experienced hobbists to sort this one out.

Hope this helps. (If I am wrong about anything, please correct me)

• Thanks 1