Need some advice about a new tank/move

Shmaty

Hey guys

So here is the situation. I am moving out of my apartment and into a house. I have 3 set up aquariums that I'll be taking with me. The move is only an hour away.
I've made a plan for the fish by the aquariums are the issue here. 
As far as the fish go, I am planning to take them and place them inside foam coolers with holes on the lid and an airstone(the usb powered air pump attached) to keep them good. Going to separate them into several coolers. The shrimp/snails, group a fish and group b fish(more on this below).
--------------------    TLDR skip this     ----------------------------
So I want to completely redo my aquariums to better the conditions for some conflicting fish. I have plans to add an additional larger aquarium. Looking at the realm of 100-200g. I have a 40, 20 and 10. Most of the 40(group A fish) and all of the 20 will be going into this new large tank. The 20 doesn't need to stay intact and I am willing to tear it all down. The 40 will remain and group B fish will call it home. The 10 will need to remain as is.
Now there is a window of 2 weeks from the time I move in to the house vs the time that I move out of the apartment. Would mean there is a chance to set up this new aquarium at the new place. Now realistically, I dont know how much time they'll actually be, because within the 2-2.5 weeks, I have to get someone out to place some supports beneath the floorboards and get the aquarium to the new place. So for the sake of things, lets say I only have a week to work with. How do I make this work? Is this even in the realm of possible?
The 40 has a bunch of new plants acclimating to the submerged life rn. Most of the plants in the 40 will become part of this new tank, none of the hard scape will. I have all new hardscape curing already. The concern is the bacteria vs bioload. Say it's 150g, Will adding about 25 rasboras, a host of shrimp/snails and a some khulis/panda garras, push things into the red, after 1-2 weeks of cycling? I wont have any existing substrate to move sadly. Although, there IS 2 potential saving graces. I plan to add buku amounts of plants, to include a large pothos, and I'll be moving my 55 gallon canister filter to help smooth things out. That will be the only existing bacteria I can add. The 40 will be getting a sponge filter in place of the canister. I'll have it running alongside the canister until the day I move the canister to the large tank, at which point the sponge filter will be solo for the 40. The 40 wont have many fish in it after all this, so I have little concern for it by comparison. 
Here is a timeline if it makes things easier.
Day 1(move in)
Day 2+ : Contractor places brace beneath floor.(going to try and get this lined up to happen asap) 
Day 5+/- : Aquarium arrives(AA)-dependent on the timeline for the brace
AA+1 day: hardscape, water added|Filter and plants transferred 
AA+1 to 7/14 : Tank cycles with existing filter and plants helping
Day 14-19 "Final day": Bioload gets added. 
I am not looking for someone to tell me it will work. I would like honest advice. If you think I need to approach things differently, please tell me. I have 3 weeks before this all starts, so there is still time to make things different. Can I keep some of the fish in the coolers longer? With no food and some water changes I could get away with a few days, right? I could slowly add the occupants over the course of a few days if that's the case. Would that work? Maybe I am stressing over something little, idk.

-------------------------     TLDR start here    -------------

I want to move an existing 40 and 20 into a 100-200g but I only have a 2 week window to get the larger tank set up. Is this possible?
-------------------------    continue    -------------    

The general recommendations I have received about moving, are these...
Disturb the substrate as little as possible and keep wet(could be a potential problem with stairs at apartment*shrug*)
Keep as much of the existing water as you can store
Keep filter media wet/submerged(on that note, if the filters are sponge filters, can I just have them run inside the coolers? In place of the generic airstone?)

Thanks y'all! 
Have a great weekend,
-Kyle

*inserts random picture of Pothos* Really hoping this elevates some issues. 😮

1557003588_Livingwall.jpg.9c9895aa3a18335bd8796e4b07f9d15c.jpg

• Like 1

Oh man that pothos is SO COOL. Sincerely hoping it makes it over.

If I had to move my established tanks, I would:

1. Put all floating/non-rooted plants in buckets with aquarium water
  2. Put all fish in buckets with aquarium water, airstone, heater (though for a 1-hour trip, probably not that important)
  3. Keep just enough water in the tanks to keep gravel wet/keep rooted plants from drying out. May cover the tanks with plastic wrap or something to keep humidity in.
  4. Store leftover water in separate buckets
  5. Find friends to help move the tanks which I'm sure will still be quite heavy.
  6. Try to keep all aquarium stuff in the heated cab of the moving truck or in the back seat of a car to keep an eye on it, make sure it doesn't freeze.
  7. Set up aquariums in new home, add aquarium water, add plants back in, get the filters going again, install heaters if nec. Top off with (dechlorinated, obv.) water from new home if nec. Let them settle for a few minutes/hours.
  8. Check levels and if nothing's crazy, introduce the animals back in.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Kirsten and James Black.

Curious, this is only my second post and it seems people are drawn to the pothos. Would it be worth making a post devoted to it? Could include what i've learned and how I have it done up and whatever.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shmaty said:

Curious, this is only my second post and it seems people are drawn to the pothos. Would it be worth making a post devoted to it? Could include what i've learned and how I have it done up and whatever.

This place is all about exchanging information, so go for it.

I think @Kirsten hit all of the buttons for the big move.  I treated my last move like a new purchase.  Coolers for the transport and 2 plastic garbage cans acting as temporary aquariums for the layover in the new apt.  I would save as much water as possible for reuse, and begin blending the water from the 40 & 20 in advance because you are going to intermingle the fish anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tanked said:

begin blending the water from the 40 & 20

I hadn't thought of that. Definitely need to start doing this. I know for a fact the water is not as similar as it will need to be. Thanks for the tip. I like the idea for the bins too. Could use that as temporary home.

17 hours ago, Shmaty said:

Absolutely! I'd love to know how long it's taken to get there and how you got it to climb the wall so nicely!