Hyphessobrycon negodagua

gcalberto

So this apparently newly discovered tetra showed up in a fish store where I live and I purchased a school of 6.

Theres quite literally no I formation whatsoever on the internet about them, not even basic stuff, like water parameters. 

I am treating them like normal tetras and they seem to be doing fine (they are A LOT more active than your average tetra, being as active as zebra danios, for example).

I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of them or kept them? 

Sorry about the bad quality of the pics. They are really hard to photograph, since they never stand still 

IMG-20200812-WA0162.jpg

IMG-20200812-WA0161.jpg

1 minute ago, MickS77 said:

The color pattern at the base of the tail reminds me of  Hyphessobrycon elachys the "Reed Tetra". Either way I think normal Tetra water parameters would be fine, soft slightly acidic water. Nice looking fish I'm jealous! 

Thanks for the compliment and the tips! 

For the future, is there anything I can do if I ever get another fish that that is little to no record of being kept in captivity? 

12 minutes ago, gcalberto said:

Another update: Yes, they are definitely breeding. I managed to clearly film them them scattering (and then eating) eggs.

Any way I can post the video here? I'm getting there would be a few ppl who would like to see that over here

I don't know how to post a video directly and I think most forums would avoid that because it tends to be slow.

What you can do is upload the video to youtube, which is designed for that, and then just put a link to the youtube video here. That will be fast to play and is how the rest of us are linking videos in.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Brandy said:

I don't know how to post a video directly and I think most forums would avoid that because it tends to be slow.

What you can do is upload the video to youtube, which is designed for that, and then just put a link to the youtube video here. That will be fast to play and is how the rest of us are linking videos in.

Good idea, thanks! Here are the links to those videos (This is the first time i've ever uploaded a video to youtube, so i might have messed something up.

Also, sorry for the multiple comments. I got excited 😄

Edited by gcalberto
  • Like 2