Rate my tank? Suggestions for scaping?

KyleKVK

I recently rescaped. I have no idea what to do with the clump of dwarf hair grass. I know I need to cover the equipment better. 

Any suggestions? Low tech planted 20G

I wanna get my male Apisto some more female friends so he can draw his attention away from the one in there. I hear they’re better in harems anyway. I’d really like to have a spawn!

I feel like the wood is too much but I like the look of it. 

756193DA-D1C3-44D6-B82B-1866DDC1C81D.jpeg

3 minutes ago, KyleKVK said:

I recently rescaped. I have no idea what to do with the clump of dwarf hair grass. I know I need to cover the equipment better. 

Any suggestions? Low tech planted 20G

I wanna get my male Apisto some more female friends so he can draw his attention away from the one in there. I hear they’re better in harems anyway. I’d really like to have a spawn!

I feel like the wood is too much but I like the look of it. 

756193DA-D1C3-44D6-B82B-1866DDC1C81D.jpeg

Take the wood and sit it on its butt (the flat space facing closest to the tank) towards the back and than plant the plants around the wood. You could hide the caves in the dense plants and I think that would make it look good.

31 minutes ago, Taco Playz said:

It looks good but I would spread out the amazon swords and the java fern out a bit.

28 minutes ago, James Black said:

Agree with @Taco Playzspread the plants out a little

To be honest I kinda wanna buy more plants! Especially to put in front of the equipment. Maybe even some carpeting plants

• Like 1

I just got some Pogostemon Stellatus Octopus today and it looks really good! Moneywort would also probably work too, both seem to be hardy, they survived 5 days in a box. Right now both are a few inches tall and would probably cover up the sponge filter. I agree with everyone else, and move the wood to one side with something like anubias nana petite attached to it to add some texture, good luck!

Edited by FlyingFishKeeper
  • Like 1