Corydora cohabitation?

Lexi B

I was just wondering since I've heard mixed opinions on keeping multiple species of cories rather than just one. For instance, if I wanted six cories would 2 pandas, sterbais, and albinos do just as well as just the 6 albinos?

I just want to have a good idea of what I'm doing with the bigger cory species since I've only ever worked with pygmies. 

I would say no. They wouldn't school/ shoal together but only with their specific species. 

All though I have heard you could do:

3 albino corydoras and 3 Bronze Corydoras and they will shoal togeher because they are both aneus corydoras. So the Albino Corydora is simply just the albino version of the bronze corydora.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lexi B said:

l @JettsPapa

I have a 20 gallon long. Can it handle more than 6 corydoras? I'm deathly afraid of overstocking. 

I think so, but I stock heavier than many other people.  I'd certainly suggest one of the smaller species.  I have somewhere around 15 corydoras pygmaeus in my 20 long.

9 hours ago, Lexi B said:

@JettsPapa

I love pygmy cories but for some reason mine die on me inexplicably. I'm hesitant to buy more since they seem so fragile?

I dunno.  Maybe try getting them from a different source?  If that's not possible, maybe try one of the other small species.