40 breeder "wet pet"

Logan_C

Hey guys and gals I'm less than a month away from having my fish room up and running. I'm starting to think about stocking ,I want a single fish with personality that can thrive in a 40 breeder. Was thinking about a flower horn but worried that will get to big long term. What fish would y'all suggest?

Their are a lot of mid size South American that will do great in a 40 breeder. You could probably do a jack Dempsey or a Salvini Cichlid you could also do a group convicts. If cichlids are something that interest you then their are a lot of species that will work well for you. 

I'm always blabbing on here about my featherfin catfish, Pooka. She's housed in a 40 breeder, and has a ton of personality. She eats from my hands, nibbles on me when I do work in the tank, comes up to greet me, and does amusing behaviors. Not everyone's cup of tea, but I think she's amazing.

• Like 5

I feel like a disclaimer should be attached anytime anyone suggests a group of Convicts. 😄 Imagine a fish that breeds as prolifically as Guppies, only instead of eating their own fry, they will fight anything to the death  to ensure that every... single... one survives. Then when it's done they say, "same time next week?" 😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lynze said:

I feel like a disclaimer should be attached anytime anyone suggests a group of Convicts. 😄 Imagine a fish that breeds as prolifically as Guppies, only instead of eating their own fry, they will fight anything to the death  to ensure that every... single... one survives. Then when it's done they say, "same time next week?" 😬

lol

also would a group of SA pufferfish work?