HenryC

• pH - 7.6
  • Nitrates - 20ppm
  • Hardness - 360ppm
  • Nitrite - 0
  • Ammonia - 0
  • KH/Buffer - 250ppm
  • Water Temperature - 79F

Hi! While visitingg my petco I found this little guy that I loved due to the white/yellowish coloration, but he was also struggling and seemed to be in his last moments, breathing rapidly and staying on his side at the bottom of the cup. The big softie in me decided to buy him and see if I can nurse him back to health.

It's been about a week now, been keeping a close eye on him. He seems to be much better, at least now he can get off his siide, but it seems he cannot swim upward, he just sinks. Do you think his swimbladder is gone? He also has blackened gills but I'm not sure if that's just natural coloration. I've managed to make him eat vibra bites hand-fed with tongs, placed it near his mouth and he gobbled it up, so his appetite seems to be just fine.

Any idea what can I do to help the little guy get better? If not guess I'll hand feed him for the rest of hiis life like a baby lol!

So far I've treated the water just with praziquantel.

Sound like swin bladder do not feed for a couple of days and then offer him peas start treatment with aquarium salt 1table spoon for 2gallons  for 5days if salt does not work try maracyn swin bladder problems can be caused by a bacterial infection 

• Like 2

Actually watching your video it looks like your betta may also have hole-in-the-head. ☹️ I don’t think it has to do with his swimming issues but it’s something to keep an eye on. Here’s a nice article about it (I didn’t find one from the co-op): 

Since poor water quality is one possible cause, it may be that your betta is already healing now that you have him in cleaner water. But keep an eye on those holes on his head to make sure they’re healing rather than growing. The fact that he has an appetite is a good sign!

• Thanks 1