Breeding ideas

TheMilkman

The Kribensis are likely to be both easiest to breed and most profitable and a lot of fun. If it were my 29 gallon aquarium  though I would most likely do some sort of Apistogramma, because...and I am not sure why...I always end up breeding Apistogramma.

1 minute ago, TheMilkman said:

If not kribensis I was thinking about apistogramma macmasteri gold/red. Why would a kribensis be more profitable over say an apistogramma or gbr?

Kribensis breed readily and are good parents not prone to eat eggs thereby giving you more stock to sell more quickly. Local markets vary, but Kribensis are probably a bit more marketable to the general public. Someone specifically looking for Apistogramma (like me for instance) might want a wild type or more rare form of Apistogramma.

But you never know. The way to find out is to ask your prospective customers what they would be interested in buying. Ask how big the fish need to be and what they are likely to pay. This will give you the information you need to make a decision.

22 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Kribensis breed readily and are good parents not prone to eat eggs thereby giving you more stock to sell more quickly. Local markets vary, but Kribensis are probably a bit more marketable to the general public. Someone specifically looking for Apistogramma (like me for instance) might want a wild type or more rare form of Apistogramma.

But you never know. The way to find out is to ask your prospective customers what they would be interested in buying. Ask how big the fish need to be and what they are likely to pay. This will give you the information you need to make a decision.

Ok, thanks for the info!